SPEAKING FEE RANGE ** Please note that while this speaker’s specific speaking fee falls within the range posted above (for Continental U.S. based events), fees are subject to change. For current fee information or international event fees (which are generally 50-75% more than U.S based event fees), please contact us.
$10,000 to $15,000
BOOK VALORIE BURTON
SPEAKING FEE RANGE*
$10,000 to $15,000
Book Valorie Burton
- For nearly 20 years, as a speaker, life coach and consultant, Burton has worked with people to help them identify their ideal life and set goals to achieve it.
- Through Burton's energetic and inspirational presentations, she helps audiences identify what they want to do, what their barriers are, and how to confidently pursue what they want.
- Audiences leave knowing how to conquer emotions that encourage procrastination and deal with disappointments in a positive, productive way.
- Burton is the author of 10 books designed to help people live more fulfilling lives.
Since 1999, Valorie Burton has made it her goal to inspire others to live more fulfilling lives. At the time, she wasn’t passionate about her work, so she took a leap of faith to pursue her dream. The transformation led her to become a bestselling author, speaker and life coach dedicated to helping people get unstuck and move forward. Burton is founder of The Coaching and Positive Psychology (CaPP) Institute, which provides personal and executive coaching to hundreds of clients in the U.S. and around the world.
The child of an Air Force officer, she grew up in Florida, West Germany and Colorado. She is a former Miss Black Texas USA, Miss Black USA top-10 finalist, and a runner-up to Miss Texas. She created and ran The Burton Agency, a marketing and public relations firm in Dallas, followed by Inspire, Inc. She was appointed by Texas Governor Rick Perry to the Governor's Commission for Women, and served a two-year term. In 2009, she launched CaPP to offer coaching that focuses on what makes people happier, more resilient, and prepared to perform better.
Burton is the author of ten books, including Get Unstuck, Be Unstoppable, Successful Women Think Differently, and What’s Really Holding You Back? Success Magazine named her book Why Not You? as one of the “top 25 must-read success books.” Burton has appeared on “The TODAY Show,” “Dr. Oz,” CNN, HLN and hundreds of other radio and television programs. She has co-hosted two television programs and has written articles for Oprah Magazine, Essence, Ebony, Woman’s Day, and many more.
Burton has a master’s degree in applied positive psychology from the University of Pennsylvania and a master’s degree in journalism from Florida A&M University. She earned a BA in international affairs from Florida State University. She and her husband live near Atlanta with their three children.
I heard attendees talking about you all day at the St. Louis Business Journal Annual Women′s Conference last week! Your presentation drew praise - thank you for making all of us look good.
Ellen Sherberg, Publisher
St. Louis Business Journal
A verbal thanks will probably appear trite after the standing ovation you received following your keynote address at the Virginia Business Education Association Conference last week ... Your speaking talent is only surpassed by the innate talent you have to bring out the best in others.
Judith P. Sams, Program Specialist
Virginia Department of Education
Valorie Burton provided a series of tips and techniques for frequent business travelers. Her insightful 3-5 minute weekly motivational video vignettes engaged nearly a million consumers. Her contributions were a great asset to the American Airlines brand.
Sheena Payne, Manager of Advertising and Promotions
Life coach Valorie Burton is driven by the desire to help people make intentional decisions and love their life. She knows that major life changes can be exciting and scary at the same time, and often don’t leave people feeling at peace with their decisions. In her energetic and inspirational presentations, she helps participants identify what it is they want to do, what’s holding them back, and how to confidently pursue what they want. Audiences leave knowing how to conquer emotions that cause procrastination and self-sabotage, and how to deal with disappointments in a positive, productive way. Participants also gain tips on how to be happier and have more fun, even when life seems routine.
Resilient and Ready: How to Thrive Through Challenge and Change
Burton helps audiences understand how to create the building blocks of resilience to thrive in today’s world so they can:
· Bounce back from setbacks in a way that makes them better, not bitter
· Maximize opportunities
· Develop thinking styles that help them succeed under pressure
Work/Life Balance: How to Excel at Work and Energize Your Life
People are living at a faster pace and under higher expectations than ever before. How does someone thrive at work and still enjoy a healthy personal life? Using relatable stories and surprising research, Burton offers audiences practical tools for excelling at work when there is more to do and less time to do it. Audiences learn how to:
· Say “yes” to what matters by saying “no” more often
· Increase joy and fun, even when schedules feel routine
· Make time for people and activities that nourish their mind, body and spirit
Where Will You Go from Here? Bounce Back from a Setback
Whether it’s a job loss, a relationship that’s ended, or a health challenge that’s disrupting the status quo, life doesn’t always go according to plan. Life coach Burton tells audiences that with the right attitude and skills, they can persevere through the toughest situations and emerge stronger and better than ever. Her message is designed to help participants navigate life’s obstacles and feel empowered to:
· Unearth the courage they need for any situation
· Replace negative thinking with an optimistic outlook
· Navigate disappointments in a way that makes them better rather than bitter
Coaching for Success: How to Bring Out the Best in Yourself and Others
Coaching is a powerful tool to create personal clarity, build a positive environment, and facilitate progress towards critical goals. In this presentation, Burton shares with her audience principles and research-based techniques they can use to fulfill their potential and facilitate growth in others. As Burton shares her proven five-step coaching process, attendees will discover how to:
· Transform a scattered brain into a focused mind that accomplishes daily goals
· Go to sleep at night feeling peaceful about decisions
· Deal positively with emotions that prevent success
Positively Psyched! Use the Proven Power of Positivity to Overcome Your Obstacles
Burton is one of only a few people in the world with a graduate degree in the pioneering field of applied positive psychology, the scientific study of happiness, resilience, success and optimal human functioning. Using research from her studies at the University of Pennsylvania, she shares powerful examples, insightful facts, and specific tools to help audience members:
· Increase productivity, happiness, and success at work and in everyday life
· Remove the harmful consequences of pessimistic thinking
· Boost the life-giving power of positivity, optimism, and strengths utilization
Goal Setting, Goal Getting! Reach Your Goals Faster
In this fun and fast-paced session, Burton shares practical, research-based methods to help the audience reach goals faster, more easily and more consistently. In this highly engaging and interactive presentation, participants will learn:
· Three foundational principles for effective goal setting
· How to set a goal in a way that challenges but doesn’t overwhelm
· The seven building blocks of the goal-getting process
· How to spot and eliminate goal fatigue
· Create meaningful goals that boost happiness
Successful Women Think Differently
(This can be adjusted to Successful People Think Differently)
Scientific studies prove successful people think differently than the average person. They make decisions differently, set goals differently, and bounce back from failure and adversity differently. In this intriguing and energetic presentation based on Burton’s national bestselling book Successful Women Think Differently, Burton helps the audience:
· Pinpoint their thinking style and make adjustments to improve performance
· Understand why talent isn’t enough and how to develop self-control that will take them to the next level
· Understand why success and failure predicts more about potential than most people think
· How to focus on solutions, not problems
Happy Women Live Better: 13 Ways to Trigger Your Happiness Every Day
Happier people are more productive, perform better, and are more engaged in their work and with customers. Women have more education, money, and life choices than ever before. Yet research shows they are less happy than 40 years ago. Today, woman can “have it all,” so why is happiness declining? In this presentation, Burton helps the audience unlock secrets to their personal happiness, allowing them to boost joy, even in the midst of deadlines, children, marriage, relationships, and squeezing in a workout or a girls’ night out. By applying 13 happiness triggers, the audience will learn to:
· Bounce back from workplace stress and adversity faster
· Enjoy deeper satisfaction within their current role in the company
· Balance personal and work life more effectively
· Fight off depression, colds and other illnesses
· Live longer and happier!
Successful Women Think Differently: 9 Habits to Make You Happier, Healthier, and More Resilient
Popular author and professional certified coach Valorie Burton knows that successful women think differently. They make decisions differently. They set goals differently and bounce back from failure differently. Valorie is dedicated to help women create new thought processes that empower them to succeed in their relationships, finances, work, health, and spiritual life. With new, godly habits, women will discover how to:
- focus on solutions, not problems
- choose courage over fear
- nurture intentional relationships
- take consistent action in the direction of their dreams
- build the muscle of self-control
In this powerful and practical guide, Valorie provides a woman with insight into who she really is and gives her the tools, knowledge, and understanding to succeed.
Where Will You Go from Here?: Moving Forward When Life Doesn′t Go as Planned
Has the unexpected knocked you off course? You lost your job to the latest round of layoffs. A relationship you thought would last forever, didn’t. A health challenge is disrupting your life. Life doesn’t always go according to plan, but with the right attitude and skills, you can persevere through even the toughest situations—and emerge stronger and better than ever.
Resilience to Get Through Any Challenge
In Where Will You Go from Here? Valorie Burton helps you navigate life’s obstacles and unexpected challenges. You’ll find all the tools you need to be resilient in the face of setbacks, now and in the future, including:
- The Five Commitments that propel every successful comeback
- Step-by-step guidance for restructuring your life
- Strategies to unearth the courage you need for any situation
- In-the-heat-of-the-moment words to combat negative thinking
- Practical exercises to become better, not bitter, as a result of adversity
Packed with uplifting insights and powerful principles, this personal coaching resource offers the wisdom and encouragement you need to think differently about your circumstances and take hold of the lessons God is offering you. As you experience the “post-traumatic growth” that comes only through adversity, you’ll be equipped to unleash a stronger, more authentic you.
Why Not You?Twenty-eight Days to Authentic Confidence
Whatever your career goals…
Whatever your financial objectives…
Whatever your personal dreams…
You Can Do It!
This action-oriented, step-by-step guide helps you build the authentic self-confidence that comes from knowing who you are, what you want–and equips you to go get it.
With motivational expert Valorie Burton as your personal coach and a 28-day plan, Why Not You?
provides the tools you need to …
·gain the assurance needed to transform your thinking
·focus on who you are, not what you do
·give yourself permission to be imperfect
·stop competing and comparing
·eliminate your confidence stealers
·learn how to achieve success by being authentic
Packed with unforgettable examples, pointers, and sparkplugs for ideas that work uniquely for you, Why Not You? reveals the secrets to building authentic personal confidence from the inside-out. Whatever your goal or your starting point, Valorie Burton equips you with proven experience to take the next steps to advance your career, finances, and relationships.