SPEAKING FEE RANGE ** Please note that while this speaker’s specific speaking fee falls within the range posted above (for Continental U.S. based events), fees are subject to change. For current fee information or international event fees (which are generally 50-75% more than U.S based event fees), please contact us.
$30,000 to $50,000
BOOK MARTINA NAVRATILOVA
SPEAKING FEE RANGE*
$30,000 to $50,000
Book Martina Navratilova
- Navratilova has won a total of 167 singles and 178 doubles titles, two all-time records amongst both male and female tennis players.
- In 1995, she founded the Rainbow Card credit card program, and the non-profit Rainbow Endowment.
- She has garnered numerous awards, titles and accolades over the years, including Tour Player of the Year (seven times), Female Athlete of the Year, Athlete of the Decade by the National Sports Review, and Sportswoman of the Year (three times) by Women’s Sports Foundation.
As a prominent tennis legend, Martina Navratilova has been inspiring people with her candor and strength on the court for years. Born in Prague, Czechoslovakia, Navratilova defected to the US in 1975. Embarking on an athletic journey that would see her conquering the world of tennis, Navratilova has won a total of 59 Grand Slam titles, including 18 singles, 31 women’s doubles, and 10 mixed doubles. She is also one of only four players in history to have won all three titles (singles, doubles and mixed doubles) at each of the four Grand Slam events.
Navratilova currently holds a number of professional records, including a 74-match singles winning streak, and a 109-match doubles winning streak. She was inducted into the tennis hall of fame in 2000, and has also won nine Wimbledon singles titles. She retired from tennis in 2006, and now serves as an open speaker and advocate for the rights of women, gays, and animals.
Navratilova offers audiences thoughts about what it takes to be a champion, and setting and achieving goals. Navratilova knows what it means to be the best; escaping an oppressive regime in 1970s Czechoslovakia was a major step towards “the rest of her life.” Escaping to America, she has achieved success and learned what it means to overcome barricades. She tries to show her audiences what they can do to be the best in whatever field(s) they choose.
Other topics include redefining aging as a baby boomer, healthy lifestyle and fitness, and overcoming adversity. As a tennis player and top athlete, Navratilova knows a thing or two about staying active. In her eyes, a person’s health is not something to be trifled with, and she tells her audiences what they can do to stay in tip-top shape.
Navratilova is also one of the first professional athletes to come out as gay in the 1980s. Overcoming adversity and prejudice is something she understands all too well, but allowing hate to get in the way is exactly how one falls, and Navratilova speaks about how people can surpass the obstacles and oppression they face in life.
Lastly, Navratilova speaks about human rights and equality. As an active fighter for the rights of women and gays around the world, she believes no one should be kept down or discriminated against because of their race, gender, or sexual orientation. Today, she works hard to make sure everyone has an equal shot in life.
Suggested Speaking Topics:
Shape Your Self: My 6-Step Diet and Fitness Plan to Achieve the Best Shape of Your Life
Martina Navratilova is a marvel of fitness. She easily outruns many women half her age, still plays tennis competitively, and loves to have fun with other sports like basketball, hockey, skiing, and more. Now you can learn Martina′s "secret," a lifestyle plan that′s evolved from more than 30 years of trial and error, working with nutritionists, coaches, doctors, kinesiologists, and other top experts. In Shape Your Self, this amazing athelete shares her own story and distills this wealth of experience into a set of simple strategies, tips, and small changes to achieve the shape of your life. In her 6-step program, you′ll discover:
- Ways to apply the focus and mental ability of star athletes to your own personal goals
- Advice on creating an environment - emotionally and physically - that supports you so that you can reach your best
- A healthy food plan with delicious recipes - emphasizing natural foods and energizing juices - that help your body release toxins, drop extra pounds, and feel more vibrant and youthful
- A fitness plan that can be done anywhere, by anyone - from beginners to the most advanced
- Fun, unique, cutting-edge exercises that sculpt visible, fat-burning muscle and make you appreciate the power, strength, and beauty of your body
Learn the strategies that have helped Martina shape her self into the best condition of her life. No matter what your age or your challenge, Martina will help you feel great, and look great, too!