Corporate Team BuildingLeadershipManagementStrategic PlanningTeam BuildingTechnology / Futurist
SPEAKING FEE RANGE ** Please note that while this speaker’s specific speaking fee falls within the range posted above (for Continental U.S. based events), fees are subject to change. For current fee information or international event fees (which are generally 50-75% more than U.S based event fees), please contact us.
$15,000 to $20,000
BOOK NICK BONTIS
Corporate Team BuildingLeadershipManagementStrategic PlanningTeam BuildingTechnology / Futurist
SPEAKING FEE RANGE*
$15,000 to $20,000
Book Nick Bontis
- Dr. Bontis calls on his academic background and work with numerous companies and organizations helping them collect and assess their brainpower—or knowledge capital—to use for their competitive advantage.
- Dr. Bontis’ approaches the discussion of knowledge capital and intangible assets in a hard-hitting, face-paced and humorous way that helps audiences understand what they need to do next and why.
- Approaching the topic of knowledge capital both from an academic and practical viewpoint, Dr. Bontis helps his audience understand why this topic is so important to the long-term survival of an organization, and why they should make it a priority.
Dr. Nick Bontis, a Top 30 Management Guru, helps organizations assess and maximize their competitive advantage. Recognized internationally as a leading strategy and management guru, Dr. Bontis empowers organizations to collect and build their knowledge base for high performance.
He started his career at Human Resources Development Canada and KPMG. For several years, he worked at CIBC Securities Inc., and then in 1991, a Fortune Magazine cover story changed his life. After reading “Brainpower,” Dr. Bontis left a promising banking career to get his doctorate in psychology from the Ivey Business School at the University of Western Ontario.
Dr. Bontis teaches strategy to all levels of the DeGroote School of Business at McMaster University. In 2007, he was recognized as the first professor to receive three outstanding teaching awards simultaneously: undergraduate instructor of the year, M.B.A. instructor of the year, and McMaster University instructor of the year. He is also a 3M National Teaching Fellow, an honor only bestowed on the top university professors in Canada.
As the director of the consulting firm Institute for Intellectual Capital Research, Dr. Bontis has worked with many Fortune 500 companies and organizations such as the United Nations, Health Canada and the U.S. Navy. He serves on the advisory boards of several organizations focused on designing and implementing executive development programs. Dr. Bontis also is chief knowledge officer of Vancouver-based Knexa Solutions, the world’s first knowledge exchange and auction.
He has published more than 200 academic works and articles, and received 12 teaching awards. Dr. Bontis is an associate editor at the Journal of Intellectual Capital, and is author of the book Information Bombardment: Rising Above the Digital Onslaught.
He also has accomplished several significant athletic feats, including taking a Canadian silver medal in the long jump and playing on the varsity men's soccer team.
"Immediate feedback indicates it was one of the most well received presentations we have offered in many years. The subject matter was fresh, the pace was perfect and your own energy level was infectious. For the duration of the convention, delegates were quoting your presentation and engaging in considerable discussion about it."
Ontario Road Builders′ Association
"Do NOT design a conference program without considering him as your main event keynote speaker. He is, defacto, the reason why any one should attend an event he speaks at!"
"Nick’ reputation as a world expert in his field is indisputable. However, the real magic occurs when he steps in front of a crowd. His charisma acts like a magnet and captures everyone’s attention."
"Not a single person left the room without a vision and a commitment!"
"Bontis’ talent for forcing the audience to think differently was of great benefit – a completely new view on how organizations can be left behind should they decide not to change."
"I personally very much enjoyed his dynamic and refreshing presentation. His efforts and dedication are already showing rewards."
Treasury Board of Canada
"He delivers true wisdom. I felt motivated to carry the message to almost anyone who would listen."
The Strategy Institute
"Dr. Bontis is an enthusiastic and engaging speaker. He articulates leading edge thinking"
Ernst & Young
"You leave his sessions not only feeling energized but having also learned so much!"
Bank of Montreal
"He was the funniest, yet most insightful business speaker I have ever heard!"
Young Presidents Organization
"You did an outstanding job! The best speaker I’ve seen in 15 years! From humorous to inspirational speaking you have offered a motivational message like no other. You have brought excitement, expertise, and inspiration to the members of our group. Your topics were key in opening the mind with refreshing thoughts and visual gestures."
Cascades Boxboard Group
Dr. Nick Bontis' professional speaking expertise has been called on by organizations from every industry. His presentation topics focus on his research around the strategic management and measurement of an organization's intangible assets.
He offers five customizable keynote presentations that are a mix of practical managerial tools, rigorous academic research, strategic consulting and humorous stories. Although he changes each keynote to address specific audience needs and concerns, he also can create completely customized keynotes for events.
Think Ahead! Take a Knowledge Journey
Are you overwhelmed by information bombardment? Do you have too much to do and not enough time to do it? By the 1930’s, all the information that existed in the world doubled every 30 years. By the 1970’s, this rate shrunk to 7 years. By the year 2010, all the information that exists in the world, will double every 11 hours! Information bombardment is the single most damaging threat to productivity. But, it doesn’t have to be this way. Why not transform this threat into a sustainable competitive advantage for you and your firm? During this enlightening and action-packed presentation you will learn how to:
- Cope with information bombardment
- Improve your ability to manage change
- Lift productivity and efficiency
- Speed up innovation
- Achieve industry leading competitiveness
The Ultimate Performance Accelerating Activity for Teams
Employees spend in excess of 50% of their time looking for answers and then spend 20% of their time replicating answers for others. Is your team suffering from the same dilemma? Does your team seem to be spinning its wheels? High performance teams are supposed to harvest the synergy embedded in all of their members to create value above and beyond what each person could do on their own. During this inspirational and engaging presentation you will learn how to achieve your team’s full potential as well as:
- Enhance team collaboration and coordination
- Avoid waste and duplication costs
- Promote knowledge sharing vs. hoarding
- Accelerate your team’s productivity
- Unleash new ideas and creativity
A Competitive Edge for Leaders
The average Fortune 500 company loses $64 million dollars a year because of ineffective knowledge sharing. Firms generally leverage only 2% of their employees’ talent, which is also the #1 reason why employees leave their jobs. As your organization’s leader, it is your responsibility to make sure that your firm is fully engaged and operating at optimum capacity. Unfortunately, some leaders misallocate their resources. Or worse, some leaders have no clue what strategic initiatives are necessary to achieve great performance. Let Dr. Bontis navigate you towards the best performance you have ever experienced. Using a unique causal modelling methodology he developed you will learn how to:
- Understand exactly what impacts revenue and profit
- Decrease expenses by reducing waste
- Retain loyal and committed employees
- Appreciate exactly which investments are worth making
- Optimally allocate your scarce resources
Selling in the Nick of Time
Today’s sales environment is competitive and complex, with businesses selling through many channels including direct marketing, value-added resellers and e-commerce. To stay ahead of the game you need to learn how to sell “in the Nick of time”. The days when customers relied solely on the salesperson for information are long gone. Information is abundant and at everyone’s fingertips. Successful salespeople use customer knowledge as their main competitive weapon for nurturing long-lasting relationships. Learn how to attain loyal and committed customers, with less effort then ever before.
- Discover tomorrow’s trends today, keeping you ahead of the curve
- Embrace the concept of “Re” which will keep you current and topical
- Learn the one sales tool that will have you working smarter not harder
- Empower the analytical skill within you to provide more than just information
- Experience synergies never before realized with your sales and marketing team
Combating the Biggest Threat Ever! Organizational Dementia
Baby-boomers carry a massive amount of know-how in their heads and are generally responsible for the smooth functioning of almost every organization. They hold a lifetime of experience and expertise, and soon they will simply walk out the door. Capturing this intellectual capital (brainpower of the organization) before the imminent threat of retirement is a crucial task for every manager. However, do Gen Xers and Gen Yers realize their role in sustaining the memory of every organization. Furthermore, does your organizational leadership appreciate that something must be done now instead of later? During this presentation you will learn:
- How to turn this pending threat into an advantage
- What challenges lay ahead
- How to ensure a smooth transition
- Why various scenarios of knowledge loss affect performance in different ways
- What you can do to retain more critical knowledge in the face of major turnover
Information Bombardment provides proven, real-world solutions for proactively managing the onslaught of information we face each day both in and out of the office.
Dr. Nick Bontis weaves humor and personal stories with industry best practices and uses a simple framework of multilevel analysis to show you how to transform this real threat to productivity into an inimitable and sustainable competitive advantage for you and your organization. By teaching you how to work smarter, not harder, Dr. Bontis essentially gives you back your time. It is nothing short of amazing.
It′s Time to Work Smarter, Not Harder!
- Improve your ability to sort through all of the e-mails, tweets, posts, instant messages, Web sites and other digital items that overload you
- De-stress your life so that you can eliminate information-induced pressure, stress, anxiety, fear and other health-related problems
- Reprioritize and simplify your informational sources so you can accelerate productivity and lift performance to higher levels
- Speed up innovation through increased collaboration among your team members, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Achieve industry-leading competitiveness by harvesting the full intellectual capital potential of your organization
- Leverage key learning insights to stay ahead of the technological challenges that will face knowledge workers in the future