SPEAKING FEE RANGE ** Please note that while this speaker’s specific speaking fee falls within the range posted above (for Continental U.S. based events), fees are subject to change. For current fee information or international event fees (which are generally 50-75% more than U.S based event fees), please contact us.
$75,000 and above
BOOK MAGIC JOHNSON JR.
SPEAKING FEE RANGE*
$75,000 and above
Book Magic Johnson Jr.
- One of the 50 greatest players in NBA history, he has taken his game off the court in a powerful way to invest in minority communities, raise awareness of HIV, and share the message of effective leadership.
- Chairman of a business powerhouse value at more than $1 billion, Johnson uses his wealth, influence and connections to invest in underserved communities and crumbling infrastructure.
- His passionate message about his highs and his lows, his challenges and his opportunities is a message audiences love to hear.
- He is a three-time NBA MVP, 12-time NBA All-Star, U.S. Olympics gold medalist, two-time Basketball Hall of Fame inductee, owner of a multi-billion dollar business and founder of a charitable powerhouse that serves challenged urban communities and
Earvin “Magic” Johnson is one of the most well-known NBA stars in the history of the game. After 13 years with the Los Angeles Lakers in the 1980s, Johnson created Magic Johnson Enterprises, an investment conglomerate valued at $1 billion, and has dedicated his life to making a positive impact in underserved urban communities.
After winning championships in high school and college, Johnson was selected first overall pick in the 1979 NBA draft by the Lakers. He won a championship and an NBA Finals MVP award in his rookie season, and won four more championships with the Lakers during the 1980s. He retired abruptly in 1991 after announcing he had contracted HIV, but returned to play in the 1992 All-Star Game, winning the All-Star MVP Award. After protests from his fellow players, he retired again for four years, but returned in 1996, at age 36, to play 32 games for the Lakers before retiring for the third and final time.
Since leaving the NBA, the legendary basketball star has morphed into a business powerhouse with a charitable focus. Early on, he forged an alliance with Sony Pictures to develop Magic Johnson Theatres, and in 1998, he teamed with Starbucks to acquire and sell 125 stores. He made history in 2012 when he became co-owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. He also co-owns the Los Angeles Sparks of the WNBA and Major League Soccer’s Los Angeles Football Club.
Through a newly formed fund, Johnson is investing more than $1 billion dollars on infrastructure improvements in the United States. He also is one of the leading investors in a number of minority-owned tech companies and continues to be deliberate in his investment strategy to bring positive impact to underserved communities. Johnson serves as chairman and founder of the Magic Johnson Foundation, where his commitment to transform urban America continues through HIV/AIDS awareness and education programs.
Johnson's career achievements include
· three NBA MVP Awards
· nine NBA Finals appearances
· 12 All-Star games
· 10 All-NBA 1st- and 2nd-team nominations
· Member of the 1992 United States men's Olympic basketball team ("The Dream Team"), which won the Olympic gold medal in 1992
· Two-time inductee into the Basketball Hall of Fame
· Named by Ebony as one of America's most influential black businessmen in 2009
The iconic NBA star Magic Johnson enthusiastically shares his message of anti-bullying and leadership with his audiences. His commanding presence, big smile and genuine laugh shows how much he enjoys sharing his message and connecting with audiences.
The Magic of Winning
Prior to being diagnosed with HIV in 1991, Johnson was the number one pick of the 1979 NBA draft and one of the most talented and decorated players in the history of basketball. After retiring from professional basketball, he turned his energy toward entrepreneurship and became a leading spokesperson on HIV education. In this presentation, he talks about his history and how that is impacting his future. He shares his latest venture—Magic Johnson Development Corporation—which develops commercial property in neglected urban and suburban neighborhoods. Johnson delivers a passionate message about his life story and everyone can make a difference their own community.
The Power of Magic
In this session, Johnson shares keys to his entrepreneurial prowess that have made him a successful business owner with multiple ventures. A live Q&A can be added to this session.